KoolDuct Ductwork Features and Benefits
The Kingspan KoolDuct System has many benefits that make it the ideal air distribution system for your project. Below are just some of the features you'll get when you use The Kingspan KoolDuct System.
Lowest Air Leakage of Any Duct Work on the Market
Benefit from Reduced Heating and Cooling Loads
The air leakage rate of Kingspan KoolDuct® System ductwork can be a fraction of that of insulated sheet metal ductwork and can easily meet the requirements of SMACNA Class 3. The graph shows the maximum allowable air leakage for each leakage class over a range of pressures from 0.1 to 4 in.w.g. Less air leakage equates to significant energy savings in both fan horsepower and heating and cooling energy.
Moisture Resistant Closed Cell Technology
Industry Leading Performance
The insulation core of Kingspan KoolDuct® panels has 90% (or greater) closed cell structure, which means that they are non-wicking and highly resistant to moisture penetration. In addition, the risk of moisture absorption into the core is effectively eliminated as the factory applied aluminum foil facings provide a high performance and impervious vapor barrier. The panels have a water vapor transmission of 0.34 grains/hr•ft²
Unmatched Thermal Performance
Highest R Value to Size Ratio on the Market
The thermal conductivity (k-value) of Kingspan KoolDuct® panels is 0.146 Btu·in/hr·ft²·ºF at 50ºF (ASTM C 518), the lowest of any commonly used insulation material. A low thermal conductivity allows thinner insulation to achieve the required thermal performance. The installed material thermal resistances (R-values) for the range of panel thicknesses are shown in the table below:
Kingspan KoolDuct Features and Benefits - In-Depth Informational Presentation
Lightweight Labor Advantage
Reduce Installation Costs
Kingspan KoolDuct weighs a fraction of insulated sheet metal; this means cheaper handling, lower transport costs, fewer supports and easier installation. Being pre-insulated, KoolDuct removes the need to wrap the ductwork. With less weight to work with, one worker can do much more.
Resistant to Fire and Smoke
View Video Demonstration
Kingspan KoolDuct® panels have a resistance to burning and spread of flame far superior to that of rigid polyurethane (PUR) or rigid polyisocyanurate (PIR) insulations. In addition, there is an almost complete absence of smoke when the panels are subjected to a flame source. The insulation core of the panels is thermoset and unlike thermoplastic materials it does not melt, drip or produce flaming droplets. The panels successfully pass the Burning Test (UL 181) and do not exceed flame spread / smoke developed indices 25/50 (ASTM E 84 / UL 723).
- Code Compliance & Approvals Exceed SMACNA Duct Phenolic Construction Standards
- Ductwork fabricated from the Kingspan KoolDuct® System satisfies the requirements of ANSI/ASHRAE/IESNA 90.1:2007, IECC 2003, 2006, 2009 & 2012, IMC 2009 and other major national specifications. KoolDuct complies with the requirements of NFPA Standards 90A & 90B and is UL Listed as a Class 1 Air Duct to Standard for Safety UL 181 when fabricated using: Kingspan KoolDuct® panels faced on both sides with factory applied silver aluminum foil; the aluminum grip flange and / or tiger jointing systems; and an aluminum foil vapor barrier tape that is UL Listed to Standard for Safety UL 181 A-P.
- Improves Indoor Air Quality
- Preferred in Health Care Environments
- Distributed air flows over sealed aluminum surfaces, minimizing any risk of loose fibers entering the air handling system. In addition, Kingspan KoolDuct® panels have a non-fibrous insulation core, are non-deleterious, odorless and non-tainting. They will resist attack from mold and microbial growth and do not provide any food value to rodents or vermin.
- Zero Ozone Depletion Product
- Environmental Awareness is Built Into Our Product
- Kingspan KoolDuct® panels are CFC/HCFC-free and are manufactured with a blowing agent that has zero Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP) and low Global Warming Potential (GWP). By employing better methods to manufacturer and fabricate…we can reduce our carbon footprint to make a better environment for the future.